Monday, November 14, 2005

What am I doing?

Now that I realize that my graduation and the start of the rest of my life is coming, and I can't do anything to stop it, I am asking myself "what am I doing with my life?"

I have a cutting edge technology degree, a supportive family, and great job prospects. I should be perfectly happy. I wonder if I am meant to do more with my life than get a job and start a career after school. I need to do something daring. Something foolish that nobody expects. I need to enrich my life.

Does this mean that I need to drive across the country for a few months? Backpack across Europe? Follow the Grateful Dead!?? I don't know what my adventure will be, but I have a feeling that I need to take it.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, go find yourself...drive across the country for months.













in other words, leave the Apple job to me, bwahahahaha!

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh Mike, the Grateful Dead aren't together anymore, but you can follow Phish.

Take the best job you can get and get established somewhere. Then when you are able to take a vacation, do something outrageous. You will enjoy your downtime more when you feel you have earned it.

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dress in drag and do the hula...

11:12 PM  
Blogger Chris Essex said...

Umm. Phish are gone, too...sorry...

I'd say go for it. Go see Paris...the Rockies...the ocean...the outback... You have the rest of your life to work. This opportunity may not come again for another decade or more...once you get in a new job, and are establishing yourself, you won't want to take the time off...

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what bout the radical idea of finding ms. perfect and just living the simple, happy life somewhere, you never know til you try it i guess. I want to believe there is someone for everyone, someone who wants to make a bad day at work melt away, someone you need and they need you, maybe thats an outdated idea. I got with establish yourself somewhere, explore the world is alot more fun with a sig. other.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Chris Essex said...

Why not both? Go learn a little bit more about yourself by exploring life, then settle down with a career and a Ms. Perfect... Can you identify Ms. Perfect reliably without knowing yourself truly?

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home