Sunday, October 23, 2005

Update...

It's been a couple of weeks since my last post. A lot has happened.

I have been concentrating on my job search with renewed vigor. After graduation, I am going to start my career. Now just doesn't seem to be the time to go to graduate school.

I have been able to catch up with some old friends. It is really good to drum up old memories with people you trust over a few good drinks.

I have recently taken a real stand for myself professionally. I have been working in a tech support department in the university since March 2003. Back then, it was a very team-oriented informal department. We got the work done and had fun in the process. Now, they have grown (and bloated) and become very formalized and cold. My biggest challenge was not doing the work, it is documenting everything that I do in enough detail. I recently called off my night shift in order to study for exams and was threatened with termination. This was a clear sign that I needed to move on, so I did.

Now, for my final 8-weeks, I am going to return to the first university job I had at the IU Bookstore Computer Connections. I enjoy the work, and I am looking forward to the low-stress, flexible atmosphere.

Hopefully my future will become even more clear in the coming weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home