Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Inspired Confusion

In Dr Siegel's Human Computer Interaction Design course, he is showing a documentary called "The Journey". It is about this guy who graduated from college, but was searching for purpose, so he started traveling around the country interviewing leaders in government and industry. He gathers all of this advice from incredibly notable people and decides that he wants to get it on TV. The story is great, and every time I watch a segment, it leaves me in a state of Inspired Confusion. I feel like I need to do something, but I know I am not going to copy the guy in the video.

I can't remember who said it, but "Once you start copying something, you have already set yourself up for failure". I really take this to heart. This semester has been all about designing my own future and figuring out what I have set myself up for. I definitely have not followed the standard formula of "take the classes, get the grades, and get out." I have really made this university experience my own. I have 4 weeks of class left. I still don't know which company I will start out with, but I am OK with that. In the documentary, the guys who were driving sometimes didn't know where they were going. All they knew was that they were moving. I guess that is the state I am in right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home