Monday, August 29, 2005

I don't get it....

Being in tech support, I have seen a myriad of computer problems over the last 2-3 years. Most of the computer problems that we get are from Windows-based PCs. Over the course of the past couple of weeks, I have been pro-active with a couple of windows machines at work. Keep in mind that these machines have paid administrators who are supposed to make these machines secure.

In running Anti-Adware scans, I found between 30-70 critical objects per day as a result of normal web surfing. In running Anti-Spyware scans I found 5-10 objects per day as a result of normal use. I never found anything on Norton Antivirus because those scans are run by servers every night.

Let's assume that these machines are the best-case scenario. After all, they are fully patched, firewalled and scanned every day and night. What fate does that hold for the average home Windows PC that has a permanent internet connection?

It's so scary, I don't even want to think about it. I really don't understand how people live with this crap.

www.apple.com/switch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home