Thursday, August 04, 2005

Things I have learned this summer

Summer is starting to come to a close, so I thought I would reflect on some of the things I have learned through different experiences.

1. Helping others to attain greatness is better than trying to be great on your own. I learned this through DeMolay. Two of my friends received some very good awards at Conclave this year. One received Mason of the Year for the state of Indiana for his tireless efforts in helping out other people. The other friend was elected State Master Councilor (like state-wide president) of Indiana DeMolay. In both cases, I didn't get any public recognition....and I didn't perform any huge task. I simply supported them both in any way I could.

2. A job is not worth stressing over, but a career is. Often times at my tech support job, I tend to feel over-managed and it frustrates me. Of course I don't say anything about it because I simply don't want to give up the $$ that it brings in. There have been a dozen times where I have been on the verge of quitting because I was so angry. Thanks to my dad, I realize that that job is not worth getting worked up over. They don't pay me to get worked up, so why bother. From now on, I am going to try and only stress about stuff that matters, not annoying bosses.

3. It's OK just to be me. I don't have to put on an act, I don't have to try and impress people, I don't have to be confident all the time. What a relief!

4. I absolutely totally love my job as an Apple Campus Rep. From the customers and business partners to the people inside Apple that I work with, I am having the time of my life. On top of all that, sales are increasing, so I am successful as far as the job description goes. Is it bad to think about grad school just so I can continue a student job? Seriously, I like it THAT much.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mike, don't know if you remember me, i'm R.P.F.'s Sr.Princess. I had a great time at conclave! I was happy to see our man get S.M.C. I enjoyed seeing people and putting faces with the names I see all the time. I stumbled across this looking for DeMolay stuff. So I thought I would say, "Hi!" Noah took me to see the movie charlie and the choc. factory and we both loved it. We love Johnny Depp. I'm trying to start a picture album so when people check out the website they can see demolay pictures or of me and my friends in demolay. School starts soon, yeah! I'll be a sophomore this year. Take care,
alyssa- aka-soccerbarbie* :)

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home