Monday, July 04, 2005

War of the whatever......

This weekend, I saw the latest work from Spielberg called War of the Worlds. I was expecting a great movie, but I was only partially satisfied. While the movie was good, it had some MAJOR shortcomings.

First, Tom Cruise's character and family survived a few too many close calls with the aliens. I mean, come on....I am already suspending my disbelief in thinking that there are aliens attacking. Don't stretch it by making this "Joe Average" character turn into some superhero.

Second, anyone who knows the story knows that the red moss kills the aliens and that's how they stop. What the movie doesn't show is how the red moss gets there in the first place. If this little hole in the story would have been plugged, the movie would have been more satisfying.

Overall, I give the movie a "C". Nothing mind-blowing, but entertaining nonetheless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home