Tuesday, June 21, 2005

On fate...

Today, I intended to travel to Columbus, OH to personally thank the supporters and staff of the Columbus Foundation who have been especially generous in supporting my academic journey. About 20 miles into my 5 hour trip, I stopped for lunch. When I went back to my car, it was stone. cold. dead.

So I go to Wally-World (read Wal*Mart), picked up a battery, and taught myself to install it. By the time I stop tinkering with things, I had passed the point-of-no return time. It takes 4-5 hours to travel to Columbus (plus a time change) So I make some phone calls and I get out of the event (regretfully). For some reason I am inspired to go back to Bloomington and donate blood at the Red Cross. I am a fairly regular donor, so it was no big deal. However, something made me go donate that blood today. Having my car break down on this day and giving me the opportunity to save a life had to be part of some master cosmic design. I am a big believer of "Everything happens for a reason". I will never know who my blood went to, but I am just happy that I am able to help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home