Sunday, February 19, 2006

And now for something slightly different

Anyone that knows me knows that I am a very independent person. I sometimes have difficulty following rules that don't make sense, and I have a hard time working in situations that restrict my personal and professional freedom. I have been playing the "HR Game" for over 4 months now. I have had dozens of interviews and spent hundreds of my hard-earned dollars on gas driving to these interviews. I have never found a job or company that I am passionate about. I have found plenty of positions that I am well-qualified for, but nothing seems to pan out. I think this is because the interviewers all sense that I didn't really want the job they were offering, I just wanted to get paid to do work that I am qualified to do. To date, I have heard at least 6 dozen variations of "No".

I'm done with my job search.

I am fully intent on going another direction. I am starting my own company. I have done my homework, and the ball is already rolling. Mike Sassman Consulting has been born. I already have one client who has hired me for a technology overhaul of his office. Once I have one success under my belt, hopefully word of mouth will take hold and I will get busier. The bottom line is that I am never going to get rich working for anyone else. I have to work with myself. I have the work ethic, and the business sense to get it done.

For now, there is a ton of work to do, not only on getting an identity for the business, but also getting the work done!! Does anyone have a suggestion for a slogan/motto/marketing thingamajig that I can use?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know my slogan (posted on your facebook wall)...but somehow, i don't think it'll be catchy enough to put into practice. i'll be back in a few days-week...i'm going to think about it!

-susan b.

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and the independece starts all from your parents house, how independent of you

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck man, I know you have the skills and the drive to make it happen.

bhs

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was also wanting your thoughts on the new 'apple worm' that is going around. Do you think apple users hav a false sense of security and will click to open the file in i-chat, of are they as suspisious (sp?) as the well traind win user?

P-)

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home