Friday, January 27, 2006

Update on my life

Things have been fairly busy for me as I have come home from my San Francisco adventure. Let me start off by saying that going to Macworld in San Francisco was the best decision I have ever made. It allowed me to relax and see things that I have never seen before in a very beautiful part of the country. I also got to solidify a couple of friendships, which was nice.

What have I been doing since then? I have made the decision to continue my job search in a broader, but more localized sense. Hopefully my connections in the Chicago-land area will prove to be fruitful on the job front. In order to facilitate this decision, I have decided to go back to a job that I once loved....working at White Castle. I know, some of you are saying "White Castle? How could that possibly be enjoyable?" I don't know why, but for the last 3 years (since I quit) I kept telling people that White Castle is one of the best jobs I have ever had. I enjoyed working there, and getting to know the people, as well as providing customers with their little moments of joy. It makes me happy to make other people happy. I started back at White Castle this week, and I have enjoyed every minute of it. I will be promoted to management in a couple of weeks and I suspect that is where I will stay until I get a job that pays real money. For now, I am surprisingly content.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok so what is your response to when your future employers ask why you went from macworld back to WC, i mean as wonderful a company as it is, and as much as you love it after 4 1/2 years of college to get an informatics degree you are a tad overqualified for a fast food job. I hope that with this new job your job search for something that used your degree will not slow, have you tried looking at schools, they have more technology now and they need people who know how people interactive with them, and given your sales skills i am sure you sell them on the idea of the school's "tech guy": help the teachers when their computers dont do what they want, wont work, and show them more they can do,and some schools now do have more macs

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home