Friday, October 06, 2006

Brain dump

Ok, I feel like this is going to be the summation of all of the posts that I have meant to make over the last couple of months.

There is a big wave of changes headed my way in the coming weeks and months. First, I am starting my new job at Applied Systems on October 9th (which I am excited about) and that alone is going to bring about a wave of change that I can't hope to avoid.

First, my church is going to change. Over the past few months, I have been acting as song leader at Our lady of Grace church in Highland. In the past, Cantoring has been very good for me, spiritually, but this time it has been nothing short of a disaster. Every time I go up to sing a song, it comes out wrong, I lose my place, and we barely make it through the song without starting over. I am doing a disservice to the church by disrupting the masses, and I am worried about myself, wondering what happened to my singing ability. Maybe this is a test, maybe this is telling me to switch parishes. I am going to try a different parish once my life slows down.

Second, my involvement in Masonic organizations is going to increase. Now that I will have evenings and weekends off, I am free to attend various Masonic functions. I am really excited about this, and it is going to be a major change in my nonexistent social life.

Third, I plan to move out of my parents house after the first of the year. I have been living with them, because I couldn't live alone on White Castle pay and still be able to pay all of my bills. Now that I have my new job, I can't justify living at home anymore. I can't wait to get my own place!

Fourth, I will be committing myself to DeMolay in a big way by becoming Chapter Dad. I simply refuse to let this chapter die because of the lack of adult support. We have an open house on November 4th. It should be interesting.

Fifth, and most importantly, I will be seeing where my relationship with Melissa is going to go. The drama and festivities of the holidays should make things interesting.

If you have read this far, you can see that I have a lot going on in my life. I haven't even started to talk about where my business is going. All in all, this adds up to a difficult and exciting time in my life. I am convinced that it is going to make me stronger, but I hope it doesn't break me down too much in the process.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck man, sound exciting.

The only constant in life is change, get used to it.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home