Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Life and Business

My personal life plan is really starting to come together. I have one job that provides a small, steady paycheck and the VERY important health benefits, and I have started my business of IT consulting and selling Apple computers. Now that I have all of the pieces in place (a web presence, business cards, a logo, etc.) now I have to determine how to position myself in this market. How am I going to advertise myself and let people know that I am here and offering services? Part of me wants to put up a billboard and be done with it, but I want to make sure I get the biggest bang for my (very limited) buck. Should I try and join professional organizations that focus on IT consulting? Should I join the Chamber of Commerce (yes, I think). How am I going to really ramp things up?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only way to get what you want is to work for it.

Send me a link to your site, I would like to check it out.

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

perpaps local ads like the masonic or church newsletters

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Work your network! Those you know, etc. My firm should cross 300 clients this year, and it'll will all have been referal based. Expand your website, invest in some PPC advertising for Chicago MAC dealers, and keep goin' - that's all I've got. Good luck!

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home