Friday, April 15, 2005

Aaaaah Spring!!

I love spring weather. Who can argue with sunny skies, birds singing, and fresh air?

Like every year, I am starting my spring by going to the family cottage. My Great Grandfather Vernon Wilson (rip) built a 2 bedroom house for he and his wife when he had 13 weeks of vacation from the steel mills in Gary, Indiana. He built it on the shore of the Big Monon River which feeds into Lake Shafer. We go there every spring and summer for mini vacations and quality time fishing, grilling and playing games.

Walking in to the cottage, there is a sweet musty smell that just tells you that the house is clean enough to be healthy, but dirty enough to be happy. Looking around, it is like you are stepping back in time to an era where craftsmanship always won over price and it has not been touched by technology beyond cable TV.

Some of my fondest memories growing up have been there, and someday I hope to take my family for a weekend at the cottage.

If you want to get an idea of the area in which the cottage is located, go to www.indianabeach.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home