Monday, February 14, 2005

Late night musings

Lately, I have been thinking about my future. The soonest i can graduate is December of 2005 and that is what I am shooting for. I think about what kinds of jobs I can take, what I might like to do, where in the world I want to work, size of company, etc. It is really annoying that I have so many skills and I still don't really know where I am going in life. On top of that, my schedule feels like I am spinning plates on stage with everyone watching. My family, friends and colleagues are always hearing about the organized chaos that is my life, as well as my frustrations regarding what I am going to do this summer and for the rest of my life.

A wise man once told me that I am never going to know what I am going to do with my life because it's going to change so many times. Okay, I can accept that I am going to change jobs a few times in my life. But what really gets me is not knowing where to start. Who are the right people to talk to? What is the right company for me? How much do I need to make vs. what I want to make? How in the world am I going to do two capstone projects in a semester? All of these are questions that drive me nuts every day.

Currently, I am waiting on the results from two interviews. One with Apple, and one with Humana insurance. If I would go with Apple, they would push my limits of productivity and develop my skills faster than ever. If I would go with Humana, chances are I would push the limits of my position by trying to find more to do. I am not sure which one is better.

Does anyone have any suggestions about where I should try and get an internship or what I should do with my life?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home