Monday, January 03, 2005

Hello World

Hello world, this is my first blog post.

Let me first introduce myself. My name is Mike Sassman and I am an Aries who likes a wide variety of stuff. From computer talk and scifi movies to fraternal organizations and history, I do just about everything.

I am a card carrying, ring wearing member of the Masonic lodge. Yes, I am a Mason. I like to think of it as my scholarly side because there is such an incredible amount of history. Masonry is not just about history and fish frys, the fellowship and fun that I have in this fraternity is amazing. I have met people from all around the world thanks to this fraternity. I know wherever I go in life, there will be a lodge of Masons where I can go and make friends. It's an awesome feeling. Along with my membership in the Masonic lodge is my position as Advisor for Indiana DeMolay. What is DeMolay you ask? It is another amazing worldwide organization for young men between the ages of 12 and 21. The members are organized into chapters and they work on civic projects as well as having fun in state-wide events. A lot of teenagers are looking for something more than what they get in school, and this is it. Check it out at www.demolay.org

I am also a student at Indiana University Bloomington studying Informatics. What? Informatics? Yes, it is a new major at Indiana University that concentrates on creating information systems that are more user friendly and training users on how to use computers more effectively. More simply, bringing computers and people together. This is not only my course of study, it is my passion. I love it when I can teach someone how to do something really cool on their computer and get the "oooh aaah" moment where you just know they understand. In my mind, it is the most rewarding thing in the world to teach technology to those who want to learn.

On the subject of technology, I might as well mention that I am a Campus Representative for Apple Computer at Indiana University Bloomington. Yes, I am a Mac user. Being a Campus Representative (CR) is an absolutely awesome experience. I get to work with people in an awesome company, make amazing friends at other universities, and sell a product that I believe in. I have made hundreds of customers happy and thankful that they chose a Mac. I love this job.

For you girls out there, I am a midwestern guy with strong family ties. I love animals (dogs especially), and they love me. My family has a cottage on a lake where we can all go to unplug. It is wonderful to watch the sun set over the water with fish jumping in the lake. I enjoy the little things in life. I can be just as happy sitting and watching a movie as I can be touring new cities and living the wild life. I guess you can say I am adaptable to any environment I get into.

If anyone has any questions about me, please post a comment!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home